Thank you for your interest in our six weeks paid work experience programs for youth ages 14-20 who live in the City of Rochester and Monroe County. To learn more about the program and application process please click the links below and contact us if you have questions.
Due to the ongoing concerns surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation we are modifying Document Collection for the Summer of Opportunity Program and the Summer Youth Employment Program.
Important Dates 2023
- Applications Open: February 1, 2023
- Deadline for Application Submissions:Extended until positions are filled
- Parent Orientations: Optional – Live webinar
- Deadline for Youth to Submit Documentation: April 1, 2023*
- Program Provider Fair (Eligible Youth Only): Virtual, May 2023
- First Day of Work: July 10, 2023
- Last Day of Work: August 18, 2023
*Documents received after the April 1st deadline will be placed on hold. Applicants will be given consideration for positions based on availability. If you were contacted by a SOOP/SYEP staff person to re-upload your documents, your application will continue to move forward in the process.